Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Kick-Off for Relay for Life of Burlington

I was very honored to be asked by Tiffany Freeman, Cheryl Shafman and Janna Loureiro to be a Caregiver Speaker at the Kick-Off for the Relay for Life of Burlington on February 9. The event was incredible with the enthusiasm of the Committee for 2010, the amount of people already planning to participate including so many young people, two very moving Survivors telling their stories, and a beautiful Luminaria ceremony to honor Survivors and those whose memory we hold deep in our hearts. I was so excited when it was announced that I would be joining the Committee as the Chair for Mission and Advocacy. I look forward not only sharing my mother's story, but also the wonderful work that The American Cancer Society does for people afflicted with cancer and their families. For more information about this Relay for Life, please visit their website at: http://www.RelayForLife.org/BurlingtonMA.

No comments:

Post a Comment