Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Habitat for Humanity

I am so excited that I will have the opportunity to work with The Habitat for Humanity on February 6 for their project in Bedford. This home is being created for a family that needs it to be handicap accessible to accommodate the children in the family. I look forward to watching this project grow and to hopefully meet the family between now and its completion.
Habitat also has a wonderful program May 1-9 which is known as "Women Build Week". I will participate through this event at the Bedford site. This program is hosted by Lowe’s and is held all over the country. Last year over 200 affiliates participated. I am looking forward to this opportunity can't wait to share this experience and the photos!
For information on how to volunteer on this project and others, please visit the Habitat website at: http://www.lowellhabitat.org/volunteer.htm.

No comments:

Post a Comment