Thursday, March 11, 2010

Avon Breast Cancer Walk Boston 2010 Expo






























On Saturday, February 27, I traveled to the Reebok Headquarters in Canton, Massachusetts with my high school friend Maureen who has participated in the Avon Walk in various cities over the last several years, to attend the 2010 Expo. I was asked to speak to the attendees about my personal story of losing my mother to breast cancer in 2007 and how participating in the walk in 2008 made a difference for me and what they can do and the difference their participation makes. It always amazes me when people come to me after I speak and thank me for sharing my story. For me, the message is all about the importance of early detection, and how participating in an event like this raises funds for breast cancer research to hopefully one day put an end to it all so another woman and family won't have to fight the battle of breast cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment