Friday, April 9, 2010

3rd Annual Habitat for Humanity Gala











On March 20, I attended the 3rd Annual Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lowell Gala at the Tewksbury Country Club. This event raises money for build projects taking place in the Greater Lowell area, currently the builds are located on Great Road in Bedford, Massachusetts. The evening consisted of honoring the many people who make these builds possible, great dinner, a performance by Dancing with Realtors, and introduction of the Foy and Wiggins families who are currently are residents and residents to be at the Bedford location, a live auction with Billy Costa of Kiss 108FM and TV Diner. After all was said and done, $16,000 was raised and I know that this money will be well spent to help families in need homes and the current build projects. I was amazed by how many people from the Habitat organization came by to thank me for all I've done with them on helping with the planning of this event as well as participating in the build. Even Christine Odom of Habitat International came over to introduce herself and thank me. It was truly and incredible feeling and knowing that I gave my time to a wonderful organization. I am looking forward to the first week in May when all building for that week will be done by women only! I will keep you posted on that as I will be taking part in the build myself on May 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment