Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Chelmsford 4th of July Parade

The 4th of July festivities continued on Monday, July 5, at the Annual Chelmsford 4th of July Parade! This parade is one of the largest and well known parades in the state of Massachusetts. This year's parade had many special guests including Massachusetts Senator Scott Brown who I got to personally meet and have my picture taken with. He was a very gracious person walking around meeting and greeting people and taking pictures with whoever asked. Attorney General Martha Coakley also was in presence. I was so greatful to the Chelmsford Parade Committee for inviting me to particpipate in this even, especially since it is in my hometown. I was in a brand new 2011 Shelby GT Mustang Convertible car. Everyone that I told about the care was in awe, and I have to admit I can see why when I saw the car in person. What made this ride so special to me was that the car was provided by Jim Dolan of The Dolan Funeral Home in Chelmsford. In 2007 when my mom passed away, I went to the phone book to look for a funeral home to help us with arrangements. Having never been through this process, Jim and his staff walked us through the most difficult time and made it so much easier. Our paths crossed this time for such a celebratory experience, and I was able to thank Jim personally for how much he helped us during that time.

As I rode the parade route, I was so touched by all the families that came out to watch the parade, especially in the hot weather. The kids were amazing and it was so fun to waive to them and say hello. I even heard a little girl Riley, who I met a the Chelmsford Country Fair the prior day, scream my name, and her mom was so psyched when I waved back and yelled Riley's name. Its experiences like this that I love about being Mrs. Massachusetts, I am able to put smiles on people's faces, especially the kids. I was able to share this experience with my niece Kayla who was able to ride with me. She looked adorable in her outfit with her sequined hat. She loved that someone gave her an American Flag which she got to waive around.

Thank you to the entire Chelmsford Parade Staff, you created an amazing event which the whole town enjoyed! I'm so excited to have been a part of it! A very special Thank You to our Armed Forces who give so unselfishly with all they do. I hope that each and every one that is serving overseas is able to return back to their families, and those that are no longer with us, I thank you for giving us our freedoms and you will never be forgotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment