Sunday, June 13, 2010

Fashion Show at Sunrise Assisted Living Facility

Christina Polanco, Miss Junior Teen Massachusetts National Teenager helped to coordinate a wonderful prom themed fashion show for the residents of the Sunrise Assisted Living Facility in Leominster, MA. Amongst the models were Amber Coehlo, Miss Teen Massachusetts National Teenager, Brooke Bibeault, Miss Massachusetts Teen USA, Shauna Conwell, ANTSO New Hampshire Miss, Jennifer Korzeb, Mrs. Massachusetts United States, and my niece Lexi Marshall-Sobczak. We each chose a dress to model for the show and so many different colors, fabrics, and styles were showcased. My dress choice was a jersey knit that was black and white diagonal stripe over one shoulder and black on the bottom with a slit on the left leg. This dress is one that my mother and I got many years ago, and it was nice to get the compliments I did on it. I did add a flower to the strap on the left shoulder which everyone liked and thought it to be unique that I had added it. It was a very special memory for me to wear this dress and make me think of my mom and our times together as mother and daughter. You could hear the oohs and ahhs as each girl went out to model her choice dress. Oh, and did I mention that my daughter Sierra was also a model? When it was my turn to walk out, I was carrying Sierra on my hip. As soon I walked out with her, I could hear the gasps and comments about how adorable she was. I put her down on the rug, and she immediately started waving to the residents which prompted even more giggles and cute comments. At the end of the show, we did a parade of dresses and then we got to mingle with the residents. I cannot tell you how touching it was for me to share this experience with my sister queens that I have met throughout my reign as well as my daughter. The cutest part of the event for me personally was when one of the residents asked if she could buy Sierra from me or if I could create a duplicate of her. I was so touched that a little girl could make these people smile as much as they did and I was so proud to share the moment with her. This was one of my favorite appearances and I look forward to one day sharing the story with Sierra and showing her the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment