Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Lowell General Hospital Teddy Bear Clinic

On Saturday April 24, I visited the Pheasant Lane Mall in Nashua, NH to be part of Lowell General Hospital's Teddy Bear Clinic. This clinic allowed children to bring their stuffed animals to various stations for physical examintions. They were taught how to put a band aid on a boo boo, given flu shots, had their blood pressure taken, and various other things to prepare children for their own doctor appointments. I was able to meet so many cute children and help out at the boo boo station. One little girl touched my heart so much when I heard the story how her dad was on his third tour with the military in Iraq. We took a picture with her mom's cell phone with the little girl wearing my crown to send to her dad in Iraq. It was so nice to be part of putting a smile on her face and sharing that moment with her dad so many miles away! It was an honor to be part of this event representing my position as the Honorary Chairperson for Lowell General Hospital's TeamWalk for CancerCare!

No comments:

Post a Comment