Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Relay for Life of Burlington

On May 21, I was part of an amazing event, the Relay for Life of Burlington. This appearance was very special to me as it brought me back to the town that I grew up in and the football field which I graduated high school on 22 years ago. It was an amazing feeling to speak to a crowd filling the football field and lining the track as the Mission and Advocacy Chair for the Burlington Chapter of Relay for Life with the American Cancer Society. I was able to share my mother's story and talk about how I became involved with Relay for life as well as talking about the wonderful programs such as Hope Lodge and The Look Good Feel Better that are offered by the American Cancer Society to patients in treatment and their families. I was also at the Mission and Advocacy Table which had numerous pieces of literature about all the programs as well as having a skin analyzer machine which drew huge crowds from kids to adults. Congratulations to the orgnaizers of this event for raising over $88,000 for the fight against cancer! I want to thank my fellow Massachusetts Queens who came out to take part in this event with me. Chistina Polanco, Miss Massachusetts Junior National Teenager, Tamara Sacharczyk, Miss Massachusetts Teen World, and Monique Jones, Ms. Massachusetts United States. I also want to thank my high school friend, Maureen Polson for being so super supportive of this event and so many others, and for coming out and working the Mission and Advocacy Table with us. Now its off to my own Relay for Life to be held in Tyngsboro on June 12.

No comments:

Post a Comment