Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Send Off for Brooke Bibeault, Miss Massachusetts Teen USA

On Saturday evening I attended the send off party for Brooke, Miss Massachusetts Teen USA at her family home in Uxbridge, MA. Brooke and I first met when I asked her and Lacey, Miss Masschusetts USA to join me on a Habitat for Humanity build project in Bedford, MA back in February. Since then, Brooke and I have done so many events together bringing awareness to so many causes such as Habitat, Breast Cancer, American Heart Association, Best Buddies, to name a few and I am sure there will be so many more to come. We had an amazing appearance together at the UMass Worcester Pediatric Unit where we got to visit some great kids and their families, and we were so touched to be welcomed by everyone as we were. Brooke is an incredibly accomplished young woman with so many different sides to her. She is an amazing basketball player, has modeled in NY Fashion Week, has biked 100 miles to raise funds for Best Buddies, graduated high school this year, and also won Miss Massachusetts Teen USA on her second try. Its been an incredible year for her, and her next stop is Miss Teen USA in the Bahamas on July 24. I am so proud of Brooke, she is like a little sister/daughter to me. Her parents are two of the most genuine people I have ever met, and they have done such a great job of raising Brooke and her little brother. When I asked her father how they did it, he said it was easy as Brooke is one of the most humble people he has ever met, and that is such a true statement. I am so proud that Brooke is such an incredible role model to young women in our state (and hopefully the nation soon), and I look forward to the many years of her being a role model to my daughter Sierra!

Good Luck at Miss Teen USA Brooke! The Marshall Family loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment