Sunday, June 13, 2010

Relay for Life of Tyngsborough

Where do I begin but to thank my wonderful team, Queens for Relay, for doing such an amazing job fundraising. Currently we are in first place for our Relay for fundraising, raising over $1040.00, and the tally is still going. You did such an amazing job spreading the word and taking a stance for a wonderful cause. The money raised from Relay will go towards the amazing programs that the American Cancer Society offers to cancer patients and their families as well as to fund research to one day have a cure for cancer. Two of my favorite programs are the Look Good Feel Better Program (http://www.lookgoodfeelbetter.org/) and Hope Lodge (http://www.cancer.org/docroot/subsite/hopelodge/index.asp), which we are fortunate to have two locations in Massachusetts, one in Boston and one in Worcester! My team included Dana Matthews who unfortunately could not walk with us as she was diagnosed with a double ear infection and strep throat! Thank you for stopping by to visit us and offer us your support and dropping off more of your donations, YOU ARE AMAZING! Also included were Jennifer Korzeb, Mrs. Massachusetts United States, Shauna Conwell, Miss ANTSO New Hampshire Miss, Maureen Polson , Lisamarie Forte, and Brianna Mccombs! Jennifer, I will always remember trying to put the tent up in the rain and then having Lisamarie walk down with Maureen and Brianna and telling us that they didn't know that was us, and to think how much they were laughing at us. Thank you to Shauna for all the wonderful conversation as we took laps! Maureen , I thank you for coming back into my life after graduating high school all those years ago, ok, 22 years ago, LOL, and also for bringing Lisamarie and Brianna into the walk and my life. To Brooke Bibeault and her mother Donna, thank you for coming out to support me in the rain and hear me speak during the Fight Back portion of the Relay! Thank you to all the staff and walkers of Relay for Life of Tyngsborough for putting this event together and allowing us to be a part of it! The Luminaria Ceremony was very special and emotional for me to remember my mom and why I walk and participate in Relay. I know that she was with me and thanking me as the song "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban came on. The Josh Groban concert was the last concert we went to together, and she told me that she would never forget that night, and that song coming on was a sign to tell me she is ok in heaven! I love you mom, thank you for giving me the stength you do and for making me the woman and mother I am today! I miss you so much!

I finally left Relay at 4:00a.m. to go home as I was exhausted and needed a little bit of sleep as I started on with my next day full of appearances! I'll post all about those tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment